This program provides specialist case management support to children and young people aged 12-15 years and their families during a crisis. We aim to help preserve family relationships and offer intensive, flexible and practical support with the intention of reducing family breakdown. This program can also provide emergency and respite accommodation through the Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP). We have been funded to provide targeted and holistic responses to help homeless children and young people aged 12 to 15 years and those at risk of homelessness. We’re going to deliver accommodation and support to children and young people to help them: – Reconnect with their families or wider support networks, where appropriate or, – Achieve independent living in longer-term supported accommodation while engaging in education and training.
Objectives Taldumande Youth Services want to:
– Rebuild family, kin and cultural connections and work towards family reconciliation, where appropriate
– Engage the child/young person with education or training
– Provide access to mainstream health, mental health and well-being services
– Engage the child/young person with the broader community to support their successful transition to independence, and
– Facilitate transitions to longer-term supported accommodation when family re-connection cannot be achieved.
To learn more about our programs and find out if they’re right for you, call us on 02 9460 3777.